Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Qualification type:Vocational Related Qualification (Higher Education)
Qualification number (RQF):603/6055/0
Availability:UK and international
This qualification has been created for learners who wish to become fully qualified as further education teachers, with the possibility of gaining the professional status of Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
This Level 5 Diploma offers an opportunity for career development as Colleges and other places of further education and many other sector employers generally require this level of qualification or at least a commitment to gain this upon employment.
This teaching qualification covers most curriculum areas within further education. The qualification comprises a combination of mandatory and optional units and has to comply with the Guidance for Qualifications in Education and Training November 2016.
- Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Professional Practice in Education and Training
- Action Research
- Develop and Prepare Resources for Learning and Development
- Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area
- Equality and Diversity
- Inclusive Practice
- Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
- Manage Learning and Development in Groups
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and training skills sector:
- theories, principles and models in education and training, such as in relation to learning, communication, assessment, curriculum development and evaluation, and how to apply them to own practice.
- teaching, learning and assessment in education and training, such as roles, responsibilities and relationships, using initial and diagnostic assessment to agree individual learning goals with learners, planning and delivering inclusive teaching, creating and maintaining a safe, inclusive teaching and learning environment and assessing learning.
- understanding professionalism and the influence of professional values in education and training, the policy context of education and training, the impact of accountability to stakeholders and external bodies on education and training, the organisational context of education and training and how to contribute to the quality improvement and quality assurance arrangements of an organisation.
Learners who successfully complete this qualification will take an analytical and practical approach to all aspects of planning, delivering and assessing inclusive teaching a
nd learning. Whilst doing this, candidates will embed theories and principles in education and training and demonstrate them in their practice.
This qualification is designed for learners aged 19 and above. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Teaching. Centres are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate for the age and ability of learners.
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be assessed on an individual basis.
Applicants for the Diploma in Education and Teaching need to be qualified and or experienced in the subject which they intend to teach. Those intending to teach academic subjects would usually be expected to have a degree in their subject specialism. Those intending to teach in professional or vocational areas would usually be expected to have a professional or industry qualification and/or substantial experience of working in their respective sector.
There are no firm rules regarding prior qualifications in maths or English. It would be expected that applicants have sufficient personal skills to complete the academic and other requirements for the programme. Applicants will also need to be able to support their learners at the appropriate levels whilst delivering their subject specialism.
Applicants need to demonstrate the potential to study at minimum academic Level 5 – the same level of study as the second year of a degree course. There is also requirement for a minimum of 100 hours of teaching practice which must include working with groups and different practice requirements for each unit in this qualification
Qualifi Level 7 Extended Diploma in Health Coaching and Applied Nutrition (603/2953/1
The Level 7 Extended Diploma in Health Coaching and Applied Nutrition qualification has been created to develop and recognise the health coaches of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the health coaching and nutrition sectors.
The overall structure of the course is based on 11 mandatory units that cover a number of topics relating to the learning outcomes.
The learning outcomes of the diploma are:
Provide learners with language skills, listening skills and the opportunity of being with another as a means to encourage and free clients to attempt health generating changes.
Demonstrate proficiency in working from a comprehensive health history to design.
Demonstrate the skills needed to inspire accountability in their clients to adhere to goals.